Game Host Team Member
March 23, 2022
Game Host Team Member
This posting is for all Games roles, including Game Host, Team Lead, Supervisor, Area Supervisor, and Operations Supervisor. Our team members are enthusiastic about their work because they create fun and memories to last lifetime! They also enjoy:
- Casual work attire (uniform provided)
- FREE park entry
- Discounts on food and retail items
- A fun and engaging work environment, perfect for making friends
- Flexible work schedule
- FREE tickets to Valleyfair (after 40 hours worked)
- Positions are currently available for those who are 14 or older.
Games Associates who are 16 or older will receive an hourly rate of $14 per hour. Associates who are 14-15 years of age will receive $10 per hour. The difference in wage is based on limitations from the state regarding work duties and responsibilities.
How You’ll Make A Difference
- Interact with our guests and make their day amazing through meaningful connections
- Share your passion for creating a warm and welcoming environment with your team
- Deliver fast and accurate service
- Contribute to our exceptional track record for safety
- Attracts guests to games using voice, public address systems and attractive prize displays
- Maintains an approachable and comfortable appearance to guests of the park
- Greets and thanks every guest that plays a game
- Knows and uses salesmanship techniques to persuade guests to play games
- Determines winners, records plays, and distributes prizes
- Explains and demonstrates games to customers, exchanges coins for paper money, and provides guests with game equipment such as rings or balls
- Oversees use of equipment to prevent players from interfering with each other and settles disagreements between groups or individuals about use of equipment or outcome of competitive games
- Promotes repeat plays through encouraging second attempts and offering tips on winning
- Cleans game booth, keeps equipment in good condition, receives, stores, and displays prizes
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs
- Meets Cedar Fair’s attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair’s attendance policies
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures
- Other duties may be assigned
We’re Looking For
- A genuine interest in making people feel welcome using your smile and positive nature.
- Keen to be a part of something you believe in, providing fun while having fun at work.
- Openness to learn, grow and develop skills.
- Commitment to your team by being on time and working scheduled shifts.
- Desire to be outdoors for extended periods in all weather conditions.
- Ability to utilize strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle money, be responsible for large amounts of money, and give correct change without the use of electronic equipment, such as a cash register or calculator.
- Ability to use a microphone and speak before large groups of people, as well as utilize strong verbal and interpersonal skills to encourage guests to play games.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to understand English at a level sufficient to receive and perform basic job assignments and instructions.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Schedule a Virtual Hangout with Valleyfair about this position
Click here to apply | Learn more about Valleyfair